Is this a good deal on MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by johndallas999, Feb 5, 2012.

1. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

2. adamtj11 macrumors 6502

3. notMordecai macrumors newbie

notMordecai

For that set up, yes.

I have a few questions though. What exactly is model "MC906LL/A". I can't remember ever seeing a model like that.

Also, be wary of tax and shipping charges. Amazon usually charges -$60 from what the default prices are but you can also snag free two day shipping and they don't charge tax in 48 of the 50 states of the US.

I ended up buying two 13" MacBook Airs with AppleCare through them and only payed $2800 for all four items. A lot less than if I bought them on .com (even with an EPP discount).

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

that seems like a good price and thats a terrific machine.

5. gpat macrumors 6502a

You'll be shooting yourself in your gonads once the 2012 Airs are out, mark my words. The Core 2 Duo in that thing is a *********g antique.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You don't know what the OP is even doing, so why would the Core 2 be inadequate?

7. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

What are you using it for? Basic stuff like browsing, movies, light photo editing and whatnot you'll be sitting golden with this one. Ignore gpat since he has no idea what your intended uses are for. 70%+ of MBA users have enough power in Core 2 Duo with some left over to boot.

8. theturtle macrumors 6502a

not bad. IMO, its better to spend the extra cash and get a sandy bridge machine. Safer to buy the most recent tech in the long run. I think theres one for sale in the marketplace too. but hey, thats just my thought process :D

9. gpat macrumors 6502a

Because he is spending 849$ on a Mac with a low-end, low-voltage CPU from 2008, and saying that it will last 3 more years (so it would be 2008-2015) makes me laugh. By that time, it will be like using a G4 iBook today.

And 849$ is a lot of money. If I was in his place, I'd add 150$ and get a 2011 13" MBP, no SSD but it is a much more reliable machine overall. The only case in which I would be preferring a 2010 MBA would be as a casual computer for someone already owning one or more recent Macs. But even in that case, I would prefer waiting a couple of months and getting an iPad 3 for a much lower price.

10. Mikey-Mike macrumors member

Mikey-Mike

I just bought the 13" from MacMall after having scoped it out for a while.

My current MacBook has the C2D and it is good 4 what I need plus it will run SnowLeopard.

Haven't gotten it yet; FedEx still has it, but I'm with you that this is a good deal.

----------

Wish it had the backlit keyboard though!