Is this a good deal? Second hand Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Zimpaz, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Zimpaz macrumors regular

2. markoibook macrumors regular

I would personally highly recommend trying to get a Macbook from the Apple Refurbished store on the apple website.
    I recently bought a core 2 duo 2.16ghz, 120gb harddrive, 1gb ram and superdrive for 679 - but it actually came with 2gb ram - this sometimes happens with refurbs.
    Also just bout a core 2 duo 2ghz, 80gb 1gb ram for 589 for my brother. I would recommend going this route as you know that all refurbs have been re-checked by apple and as such are brand new. you also get a full 1 year warranty too - just like a new machine. Also, do what i did - if you have a nectar card, go to the apple store via the nectar website and you can get nectar points on your macbook - and also search around on the web for apple promotion codes - i found one that gave me £23 off my macbook.
    If you decide to take this route - your best bet is to get in there early - i ordered mine at 7am - as if you leave it too late all the best deals have gone. i have seen a macbook for as low as 529 on their - but it was an older model, so to be honest it was worth paying a bit more - so just be careful.
    Good luck and have fun with your macbook!

3. Zimpaz thread starter macrumors regular

I just had a look on there but there is no macbooks.

I will look 2moro morning!

4. markoibook macrumors regular

yeah all the good deals go mighty quick! You will find that some days there will not be a very good selection, but if you bear with it, you'll strike on a good day where you'll be some good deals.

Good luck!