Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by NYKnicks17, Aug 2, 2011.

1. NYKnicks17, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

NYKnicks17 macrumors newbie

http://longisland.craigslist.org/sys/2522505313.html

Also I have a few questions.

1-Should I ask the seller any questions about specs to make sure it is good.
    2-Will this computer last for a little longer than a year?
    2-Is this computer very fast for internet surfing? (I have the highest internet from Verizon so that is not a problem)
    3-Will I be able to get apps for it?

Anything else you want to tell me is appreciated.

Also, please don't flame because the only apple product I have ever used is an iPod.

2. flatfoot macrumors 65816

If it really has a 1.9GHz CPU that's a G5; doesn't fit the purchase day the seller states, though, since that G5 model was discontinued in January 2006.

G5 means pre-Intel. I'd never buy it since it's totally out of date and can't even run Snow Leopard.

3. NYKnicks17 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not worried about the Snow Leopard as long as it runs smooth and fast as it is.

4. fivedots macrumors 6502a

And it also has screen issues. That's a deal breaker for me.

5. SawceBaws macrumors member

Craiglist is the WORST place you could get yourself an iMac from...and why are you buying a model that was discontinued in 2006...save up a little more an you could get yourself a Mac Mini, and downloading all the stuff wouldn't be an issue i'm guessing, since you have beast interwebz.

If you insist on buying second hand, at least go with a refurb from the :apple: site. They come with the same warranty new computers come with, and are generally much better.

6. NYKnicks17 thread starter macrumors newbie

I need a very cheap computer to hold me over for about a year. I need something that is very fast to browse the internet and that is all.

7. flatfoot macrumors 65816

That iMac you're looking at might even struggle with that, especially when surfing includes flash video.

8. zMacintoshz macrumors regular

zMacintoshz