Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GordonGekko, Jan 30, 2012.

1. GordonGekko macrumors newbie

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

I'd go for the quad core and try to get it for $1250-1300.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The first one if it's a 2011 model and an i7 model, it would be the 2.3GHz configuration. It's the top end model from Early 2011, is quad core and a very capable machine (I have one ;))

The second one as it's a 2.4GHz model i5 with a GT 330M, means it's listed incorrectly. It would be a 2010 model and it's dual core. It is quite a bit slower than the former.

In terms of pricing, the first one is correct that it originally retailed for over $2000. The second however is the base 2010 model which retailed for $1600 (I think), so even with the supposed CS5 software (which by EULA license cannot be transferred since it's a student edition), it's still worth less.

The first one is a much better choice. In terms of what offers you can make, I cannot offer my opinion on that, simply just sellers on CL should not expect eBay-like sales on CL very often.

4. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Ahem . . .

If you read the "About This Mac" in the second picture, it clearly says 2 GHz . . . which makes it the base Early 2011 15". It is not the top end model from Early 2011. Also, the base 15" Early 2011 came with a 500 GB hard drive, the 2.2 GHz came with a 750 GB drive.

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

This guy is right one - its the base 15 - retailed for $1799 - The high end retails for 2199 and selling on eBay for 14xx-15xx. I have one im trying to sell so I have checked prices. I would image the base 2011 early 15 goes for around 12xx - maybe 13xx

You can purchase a "Like New" high end early 15 from Amazon Deals for 1484 no tax - Then ask AppleCare to move the purchase date so you get a full year warranty - You also have 30 days to return no restocking fee. This computer are almost Brand New. Dont know your price range. But if your buying used I suggest Amazon Warehouse Deals. If you want more info about it let me know. I follow prices and can give you some more info.

Dont pay asking price for either one of those deals - plus you have no recourse after sale.

6. EIGHTYTHREE macrumors member

EIGHTYTHREE

Great advice, nailed it....especially the last line...when spending that kind of loot, go with a retailer with a return process. It eases the potential buyers remoarse.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My bad. In my own defense the picture is pretty blurry. :p

8. pizzafootbal macrumors member

So, I looked at the Geekbench scores for you:

the i5 had a score of 4874, while the quad core had a score of 8756.

Just for reference, good luck!