Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Techguy919, Mar 23, 2012.

  1. Techguy919 macrumors newbie

    Mar 23, 2012
    I'm buying a macbook air 13' and i've done a lot of research and know what I want. However i'm only 18 so this will be a big financial decision for me so I want to make sure i'm making the right choice.

    Thanks in advance!!:)
  2. Skoopman macrumors 6502

    Sep 24, 2011
    If you don't need it now, wait a few weeks. A refresh might be coming in April or May.
  3. jmgregory1 macrumors 68000


    Jun 24, 2010
    Chicago and a few other places around the world
    I always say, buy what you need now. Sure, there might be a refresh in the coming days/weeks/months, but Apple computers are known to be good values - even if you decide to sell and upgrade in a couple of months, chances are pretty good you will get a decent amount for the "old" one.

    I have to say that the 2011 mba 13" has got to be the best laptop I've ever had - and I've had quite the collection over the past 20 years.
  4. Techguy919 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 23, 2012
    I see what your saying skoopman. I usually wait until right after the newest comes out to buy that way I have the longest period of time until the "newer" comes out.

    On another note jmgregory1 I think thats a good idea. And after all the research i've done, my gut tells me apple refurb is the best idea.
  5. Liquinn Suspended

    Apr 10, 2011
    Exactly what I'm doing. :)
  6. Techguy919 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 23, 2012
    Thats what I did with the 4s and i'm glad I did. Although I (and I think I speak for everyone when I say this) thought it was going to be a bigger upgrade. Don't get me wrong i'm glad I waited tho. But if the new macbook air refresh will be anything like the 4,4s i'll be fine with the "old"
  7. aoifeee macrumors member

    Aug 31, 2011

    You can end up waiting like a year though with that method if you're not careful!
  8. Liquinn Suspended

    Apr 10, 2011
    True. My current setup is:

    Mac Mini (2011)
    iPod touch (64GB)
    iPhone 3GS (16GB)
    iPad 1 (16GB)
    Apple wireless keyboard
    Apple wireless mouse
    Apple wireless trackpad
    2 Windows laptops
    24" Samsung monitor

    I guess I can wait until the 17" MBP gets refreshed? :p
  9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601


    Jul 14, 2010
    Phila, PA
    I just bought that two days ago. If you need it, buy it now. There will always be a newer model around the corner.
  10. robvas macrumors 68030

    Mar 29, 2009
    When you say 'financial decision', are you buying it on credit? I've been there before (G4 Powerbooks were more than Macbook Pros) and don't do it! Save up or buy used, trust me.
  11. Techguy919 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 23, 2012
    Nooo I wouldn't do it unless I could afford it. I already have the money not getting sucked into creditors!:D
  12. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a


    Nov 20, 2011
    My family got me the same MBA at the end of Nov, I continue to be amazed & delighted with this computer.
  13. Techguy919 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 23, 2012
    Well, its done! I just bought the refurb mba 13" off of apple. CAN'T WAIT!!
  14. Warhawk15 macrumors regular


    Feb 1, 2012
    Congratulations! :)
    I was super excited and nervous when I bought mine too.
    Did tons of research, and I'm glad I did.
    Its been the fastest computer I've used in my life, and never ceases to amaze me.

    I can't wait for the new ones, but I don't know if I'll sell mine and get a new one, I might just get apple care in October and wait it out till next year for a better update, and to save $.
  15. Techguy919 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 23, 2012
    Thats what I like to hear! Posts like that make me proud and confident in my purchase!
  16. Hichisky macrumors member

    Nov 5, 2010
    Yep. Happened to me. Back last year I was wanting a MBP and I was waiting for the "near" refresh hoping for higher resolution screens as the MBA's got at the time. Here it is a year later, even with the slight update with the line, and I wish I had just bought it. The processors were better, but I would have taken a core 2 duo and the nVidia GPU.

    Just a few days I ordered my first Mac being the MBA. I'm not waiting this time. :)
  17. Willieo macrumors newbie

    Mar 29, 2012
    If you are waiting always for a refresh you will never get to a new MBA, because there will be always refreshes so if you want one just get it
  18. Techguy919 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 23, 2012
    i'm using my air right now and its phenomenal. Words cannot explain how much i love this thing. i'm glad i got it and i think i made the right choice by getting the 13' with 4/128 and the 2011 with the i5!

Share This Page