Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rdunlap, Apr 25, 2016.

?

Is this a good deal?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rdunlap macrumors regular

So I'm literally in Best Buy right now and they have an open box 2015 MacBook for $909 which doesn't have a scratch on it. It's silver and has the setup of 8GB and 256GB SSD. I also have a $100 gift card and $50 coupon for student which would bring this unit to $815 after tax and everything out the door. I originally went into the store looking to buy the MacBook Pro that is for sale for $1200 with the same HD size and RAM and ended up seeing this as I was browsing. Just want to know if this is a good deal and if I should just get it for the savings. I don't do anything too crazy on the computer. Just social media, web browsing, watching videos, word processing and backing up of my iPhone and iPad. I figure if I get this unit I may be able to get rid of my iPad as well. I'm just worried about the performance on this machine. I don't want to get it if it's going to be slow. I would appreciate the feedback of what you guys think I should do.

Thanks!

2. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Buy it. I am sure you left the store hours ago. I hope you bought it:)

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yeah, if you didn't buy it then get yourself back there and buy it -- for the usage you describe it'll be great.

Also be sure to check your warranty coverage and call up Apple if it's not what you expect. Just discuss that you bought a macbook from bestbuy and don't go on about it being an openbox. When I bought my openbox in March the Apple warranty-check site wouldn't give me any info; a phone call and an emailed PDF of my receipt later and my Apple warranty was set to begin on my purchase date. :)