Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macvillain

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2008
Michigan
Its kinda funny you posted this. I was just looking at that like a half hour ago, and when i saw it i thought it was a good idea considering theres a G3 ibook poted a couple items below it that is going for 250. So IMO i think its a pretty good deal, but then again im no professional mac buyer and seller.

123walter

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2008
Petersburg VA
Install xp Hangs up

I was a little miffe that MACbook Pro didnt offer any Officetype suites uless you wanted to buy them soooo I downloaded Neo Office. Anybody familiar with it.BTW I didnt know how to start a new thread.
THEN I had a fresh xp install disk, NOT AN UPGRADe, in fact it says "for people without OS. So I used Bootcamp. All was well until I got near the end and it said"Insert previous disk" In other words, they cant prove that I own this I guess so they want proof. Well I pushed f3. What could I do.Microsoft is no help. How do I get pas this? I tried to push enter a couple times and it just keep asking for prior disk. Rebooted and I ws stuck in windows hell, until I held down on eject key and did away with partition(32g) How can I get past this, y'see I have a brand new Office 2003, never used also.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I was a little miffe that MACbook Pro didnt offer any Officetype suites uless you wanted to buy them soooo I downloaded Neo Office. Anybody familiar with it.BTW I didnt know how to start a new thread.

Neo Office is a version of Open Office that is intended to be more "mac like". I think it either is or very soon will become obsolile. In the past the neo office people would port over each release of Oppen Office to use native mac user interface. So "neo" looked more like a real Mac app but used not-current oppen office code. Now the Oppen Office people are offering a native Mac Oppen Office.

Look here for more details http://www.openoffice.org

As fr what to do about your Windows poblems..... Just chuck the windows discs in the trash and be done with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.