Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pgohlke, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

2. celticpride678

I am not so sure. The person says that Vista is included in the box, which it is not and that edition is worth half of the total price of this deal. I would not do anything without meeting the person and making the deal.

But to answer your real question, if everything is actually real and working, that is a amazing deal for what you get.

3. Pgohlke thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I saw that and together with the price puts up a red flag as to whether this is real or not.

4. cjacks68 macrumors regular

cjacks68

The person has their warranty dates all screwed up too. The one year warranty would have expired in February, which was 6 months ago and if it had Applecare then that would run through Feb of 2011. Doesn't mean its not a real listing or anything though.

5. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

3rd party warranty mayhaps?
    slash do those exist for macs?

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Meet in a public place with wi-fi, (ALWAYS do that with CL...public place, face to face, with cash.) Get the serial number in about this mac and enter it on the support page for warranty options about the machine. If it still has applecare, bring a bill of sale with a blank space for the serial number of the machne and a copy of the applecare transfer form from the apple support page. Get a copy of his/her original sales receipt, and you should be covered.

The 2.2 ghz c2d mpb has the nvidia 8600 graphics card that has proven to be problematic for many people due to manufacturing defects. Apple is now covering issues pertaining to the card for up to three years from the original purchase of the machine, even if it is out of applecare.

Great deal, if it is legit. Stick 4 gigs of ddr2 ram for cheap after you get it.