Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mev1205, Aug 16, 2010.

1. mev1205 macrumors newbie

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0334909

I've recently been wanting to upgrade from my ********* Dell, and money is a bit tight so I think I'm going to go with the 13" MBP. I'm a college student so portability and battery life is very important to me, as well as the fact that I pretty much only surf the web, listen to music, stream videos, and use Microsoft Office.

I initially was going to go for the higher end MBP, but I keep reading posts saying that it's essentially a ripoff because there is no difference in performance, and I can upgrade the hard drive and RAM for a fraction of the cost.

I found this deal at MicroCenter to buy the 13" base model for only $999, which I think is a pretty good deal considering that if I bought it through Apple, it would be $1099 (with student discount, and the free iPod touch doesn't really matter to me because I just bought an iPhone 4).

So is this a good deal? Do I still get all the perks that I would if I bought it directly from Apple? Or would buying from Apple and attempting to sell the iPod Touch be a better route?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I'd say get it from microcenter. That is where a lot of people have been getting theirs, as it is quite a good deal

3. d88co88 macrumors 6502

d88co88

4. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

I thought it was a good deal and purchased one.