Is this a good display for my MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Falcon9, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Falcon9 macrumors member

Falcon9

Hello,

I have the early 2015 13" rMBP (2.7 GHz i5, 8GB ram), and I'm considering the idea of getting an external display for it for when I use it at home. I'm not keen on spending a small fortune on one though. Is this http://www.amazon.ca/LG-Electronics...p/B00V8FAWC2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8 a decent monitor for the price? Will it work well with my Mac? I'm a fan of the extra wide screen.

Thanks,

Falcon9

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

What apps and resolution do you want to run? If doing graphics or photo editing you like want a high resolution IPS panel. You may want the next step which would be wide gamut AdobeRGB instead of narrow gamut sRGB. If wanting fast action like gaming, you may want a TN panel.

Bottom line...what are your requirements beyond "extra wide"? 4K?, 5K?

3. Fishrrman macrumors G3

4. Falcon9 thread starter macrumors member

Falcon9

Resolution is not overly important. For me, the most important thing is that it's an IPS widescreen display (ideally 21:9 aspect ratio like the one I linked above). I want to use it for some occasional video editing and spreadsheet work, but nothing too extreme. I've searched around (thank you for the link Fishrrman) and it seems like the one I linked to in my original post is the best priced display matching my current criteria.

I would be interested in knowing if the display I linked above will work well connected via HDMI to my MacBook Pro, and if anybody has used this display before; and if so what were their thoughts on it.

Thanks!