Is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by britneyfan, Aug 6, 2012.

1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2010
    I have an iPhone 4S and the battery acts really weird.

I can return it to Apple and they can give me a new one. It feels like a waste to use it when I'm getting the new one soon. I think the september 12th rumors are almost confirmed, right?

I can unlock from AT&T and sell the new one that they give me and buy a cheap 3GS to hold me over for a little over a month.

Keep in mind, I never had anything before an iPhone 4. Is this a good or bad decision?
  2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Sep 19, 2003
    Won't buying a 3GS mess up your upgrade eligibility?

Get your replacement, then either sell it and get a temporary dumb phone, or sell it after you get the new one if you don't mind getting a bit less money.
  3. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2010
    No it wouldn't. I'd get one off of eBay.

Wouldn't the new iPhone screen look a lot better though? AHAHAHA
  4. transam7816 macrumors regular

Mar 7, 2008
    To save effort and money, just man up and keep using the same phone.
  5. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2010
    Money? But the resale of the 4s will go down soon.
  6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Sep 4, 2011
    No it won't. Wait for the 5, buy it, then sell your 4S to make up most of what you paid for the 5.
  7. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2010
    Yeah I guess I could try to unlock the phone and get $400 for it if I'm lucky after the fact.

But now I could get $600 for it new but spend the $ for a 3GS for a month.
  8. VinegarTasters macrumors 6502

Nov 20, 2007
    what to do.

I lost my iPhone 4. (fell out of my loose pocket while cycling because the width was so small). Don't know what to do. I have an old 3GS that I use now. The width of the new iPhone 5 is too small, and I crave for the Galaxy Note's big screen, but hate the slow java. I would consider the HTC 5.0 inch 1080p, but it is also stuck with slow java. Maybe Window's Nokia will announce a 5.0 inch C/C++ phone at 1080p this month.
  9. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

Jul 13, 2008
    just get a replacement and wait till the new one comes out. sell it and buy the new one. why would you go and buy a 3gs...?