Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xbihx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
I was thinking about starting a blog, and I wanted to get a few opinions. I work at bestbuy and I am interested in technology, so I was wondering what you guys think would be better, blogging about the things I see people buy and why or why not they should buy it or blog about app reviews on the app store, because alot of people download apps without knowing whether it is any good or not, if you could just comment what would be better or what YOU would read, that would help me out a ton! Thank you!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I was thinking about starting a blog, and I wanted to get a few opinions. I work at bestbuy and I am interested in technology, so I was wondering what you guys think would be better, blogging about the things I see people buy and why or why not they should buy it or blog about app reviews on the app store, because alot of people download apps without knowing whether it is any good or not, if you could just comment what would be better or what YOU would read, that would help me out a ton! Thank you!

There are so many blogs online, especially about technology. I'd try and approach the subject in a different way. No point just replicating what everybody else is doing. Personally I wouldn't read either, as I don't read any blogs except photography ones, but I'm probably not your target (age) audience. How about a video blog?

xbihx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Yeah I know theres alot and tons of people who compare on consumer reports but im wondering doing something such as comparing similar products and giving them a quick review/guide what each product is/does and which would be best for them because I know many many people come into Bestbuy having no idea what they want or differences or anything

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
It depends on your goals. If you really expect to influence buyers, you'll have to establish credibility. That's going to be challenging if you write about a broad range of products, because readers will have to believe that you've used and compared them carefully so that your recommendations carry some weight. Will your employer let you do that?

But if you just want to make your opinions available or hone your writing and/or web design skills with the hope of writing for an established tech site, go ahead.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Yeah I know theres alot and tons of people who compare on consumer reports but im wondering doing something such as comparing similar products and giving them a quick review/guide what each product is/does and which would be best for them because I know many many people come into Bestbuy having no idea what they want or differences or anything

given the number of blogs and review sites already online, I wonder if those people you see coming into Bestbuy without knowing anything, would they actually read a new blog/review blog when they aren't reading what's already out there?

Probably not would be my guess

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.