Is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iSchule, Jul 6, 2009.

1. iSchule macrumors member

My friend from school is trying to buy my iPod touch, and at first I said no. Its a first generation 16 GB. He wants to buy it from me with my apps on it for 210$ I agreed to it. Once I sell it should I buy a refurbished 2nd generation 8GB and sell it later to get the 3rd generation if it has a camera? or should I just use my old iPod nano for a few months?

2. jake921660 macrumors regular

When your friend syncs it on his computer he will most likely lose the apps you are selling the ipod with

3. joehahn macrumors regular

if you wait to sell it to him you run the risk of him just going and buying the 3rd gen instead of yours. IMO you should just keep it and start saving.when more details are released about the next ipod touch then think about selling your old one or if nothing radical happens (which is what i think but who really knows) that way you wont regret anything

4. iOrlando macrumors 68000

indeed...therefore i think the OP should take the money and run before the kid finds out he cant get the apps.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Ethically speaking the OP should tell the buyer that the apps won't last if he syncs the iPod.

6. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yeah but who in here has any real ethics?