Is this a good LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by northy014, Nov 1, 2008.

1. northy014 macrumors regular

Hi - am looking for a monitor for my macbook, am looking at this one because it is quite cheap, looks good, and is quite big. I don't know anything about quality though - are these details good?

Screen size: 19" Wide
    Brightness: 300 cd/m2
    Contrast Ratio: DC 20000:1 (1000:1) (Typ.)
    Resolution: 1440 x 900 (WXGA+)
    Response Time: 2ms (GTG)
    Viewing Angle (H/V): 170°/160° (CR>10)
    Color Supported: 16.7 M

It is on the amazon site at: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-T190-19-inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/tech-data/B0017H98FI/ref=de_a_smtd

Thanks for any help provided.

2. calebmedia macrumors member

What do you do on your macbook? If you are not doing graphic design or anything that involves pixel modifying then you should be happy with it.

3. northy014 thread starter macrumors regular

4. fk51785 macrumors regular

If you plan on watching just movies, that ones fine.

5. calebmedia macrumors member

6. vorkorsigan macrumors member

Had the 24" (T240) for a few months, great picture.

7. northy014 thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, pity I have to pay for one of these mini displayport adapters. Oh well. If anyone of you helpful fellows has a reccomendation on a keyboard mouse set for the mac (preferably bluetooth, but not necessarily) could you let me know.:)

8. vorkorsigan macrumors member

I use the Apple wireless mouse (bluetooth) and the keyboard on my MBP. I have it set up with the T240 monitor as the primary display when connected and the MBP secondary. I keep mail SKYPE and iChat open there and use the T240 for working. Most of what I do is mouse based so it works for me using the keyboard in the MBP.

The Apple wireless keyboard looks very cool but not the cheapest option out there but I have to say after more than 10 years in the wilderness with windows coming back to Apple hardware and software has kept me mostly with their stuff. The only reason I didn't go with the Apple monitors was it was twice the price of the Samsung and I didn't need the extra quality of the S-IPS.

Stay with Bluetooth though the range is much better that anything else I have tried.