Is this a good MBP deal or should I wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Skull21, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Skull21 macrumors regular

My university is selling the low end 15" MBP for $1699 and the high end for $1999, do you think this is a good deal? Or should I just wait for the low end Penryn MBP which will probably cost $1799 w/ education discount? Thanks.

2. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

If it's brand new then its the same as apple's refurb deals so that is a good price if they are new but there is no difference between refurb and new besides a fancy box for a new one.

3. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Always wait if you can.

It shouldn't be much longer for new MBP...

4. Skull21 thread starter macrumors regular

They are brand new. I will probably wait 2 more Tuesdays before I really need the MBP.

5. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Are $1,699 (2.2) or $1,999 (2.4) good deals for new machines?
    I say absolutely yes.

Should you wait?
    I dunno.... Are you willing to let that deal go and then wait for the bookstore to get new stock in? Can you realistically wait another 4 weeks? (or more...)

There are a lot of people who are waiting on the Penryn MBP's for over 6 weeks now. They should/could be announced any day now. There was a story over on Engaget this afternoon that Dell has announced their Penryn laptops, so Apple, you would think, should be coming in the next week or two.

$300 or $500 off the current machines is a good deal. It all comes down to what else the *new* MBP's will have on them.:)