Is this a good mouse?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BRIANxJAY, Aug 20, 2011.

1. BRIANxJAY macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

2. xdbuix macrumors 6502

It looks okay, but you get what you pay for. I got my Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse for $20 brand new. I would suggest getting either a Logitech or Microsoft mouse, but there are also rumors of a new apple mouse coming out.

3. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

The Targus mouse would be fine but you also have to be comfortable with it too since your controlling everything on your computer. So if you are comfy with it, go for it or else find a better one that suites you more.

when i do photoshopping or after effects, i use my Wacom tablet(highly recommend) to do it as i find it easier and more productive.

Next time, post in the Mac Peripherals section.

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

i like the magic mouse. been using it for 7 months now, no complaints

5. PedroFerreira macrumors newbie

I have the magic mouse too, wouldn't change it for anything! it's great!:apple:
    I recommend all to buy it

6. aluren macrumors 65816

That is the same mouse that I have and it is amazing. Full functionality, good battery life, perfect size. I don't know where you got it for $20, but for that price it's worth it for sure. Even at $40.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'd consider investing in a Wacom Intuos tablet. It'll save a lot of time and make a lot work easier.

8. BRIANxJAY thread starter macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

The Wacom is to technical for me since I only do minor photoshop. I just need a decent mouse to use.

This is out of the topic but if I run an external monitor do I still have to keep my Mac lip open? Since when you close the lid it goes into sleep. Thanks.

9. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

I'll put in a third vote for the logitech anywhere mouse. It's fantastic. I paid $80 for mine but that's because I got it when it was new. Amazon has it for $45 now.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

As long as you use an external mouse and keyboard, you can keep the lid closed; basically after it goes to sleep, use the mouse or keyboard to wake it up.

11. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

I think a good piece of general advice is to not cheap out on your input peripherals. Think about it, your input peripherals are probably the pieces of hardware you will interact with and use the most, beyond any other piece of hardware (outside of the display). Plus you can do your hands/wrists serious a serious disservice by forcing yourself to use an uncomfortable/unergonomic mouse just because it's cheap.

You can think the magic mouse is a poor value and that's fine, but don't buy that Targus mouse just because it's cheap- buy it because it is comfortable and allows you to complete your work efficiently and effectively.

Ruahrc

12. BRIANxJAY thread starter macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

Thank you sir! Time to invest in a external monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

13. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Magic Mouse ftw...I would probably substitute it for a Magic Trackpad though :p

14. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I've never understood using an external mouse with a MBP. The trackpad on this thing is amazing!

15. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Razer Orochi.
    None of that USB dongle things that the rest of the performance mouse market loves.
    All Bluetooth, and the latest firmware gets minimal lag and maximum battery.

WARNING: Freakishly small. Smaller than a tennis ball. It feels like you're holding a hamster or something. Manages to be comfortable even with this small size!

16. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

I use a Razer DeathAdder. I game occasionally but also use it for Photoshop because I can't afford a decent sized tablet. Companies tend to make sure that gaming mice track better and Razer is the only one I can think of with decent Mac support.

17. BRIANxJAY thread starter macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

18. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

Have you ever tried using a wacom tablet? :) I have, quite a few years ago now, but they're amazing. Extremely precise. There's some pretty cheap wacoms available these days I believe, I'd love to get one myself but just haven't gotten around to yet.

If you still insist on a mouse I wouldn't get the one you link to in the OP. There must be dozens of better mice than that one. First of all, don't get a wireless mouse that uses a dongle. You have built-in bluetooth in your Macbook, so why not put it to good use. Also, the more radio transmitters you have running in the same space, the greater the risk of interference. Why add yet another one when it's not needed? :p

Also, I suggest getting a mouse with thumb buttons for web browsing. Not having to steer the mouse over to the forwards/back buttons is a lot more convenient.

Good luck!

19. BRIANxJAY thread starter macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

Thanks! (=