Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skafia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
SOCAL
Hi, I just picked up a 2010 Mac Pro 6 Core with:

12 GB of RAM
60GB SSD
ATI Radeon 5770 1024 MB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB

for $1800 with an Applecare warranty until 1/2014. Is this a good price for a 3 year old machine? I've tried to look on eBay but it is hard to determine what actually sold/relisted/completed, etc. I didn't see any other prices for 6-core machines on Craigslist either.

BTW, I'm in love with this machine.

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada

12 GB of RAM
60GB SSD
ATI Radeon 5770 1024 MB

for $1800 with an Applecare warranty until 1/2014. Is this a good price for a 3 year old machine? I've tried to look on eBay but it is hard to determine what actually sold/relisted/completed, etc. I didn't see any other prices for 6-core machines on Craigslist either.

That gt120 included makes me think upgraded 4,1 right off the start that said even if it is upgraded machine seems reasonable. BTW on eBay you click on the sold items included check box while doing an advanced search to get the items that have sold. Also have you entered the serial number into the warranty checker on Apple's site or looked at the label on the back of the machine to see what the model it was when it shipped?

skafia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
SOCAL
That gt120 included makes me think upgraded 4,1 right off the start that said even if it is upgraded machine seems reasonable. BTW on eBay you click on the sold items included check box while doing an advanced search to get the items that have sold. Also have you entered the serial number into the warranty checker on Apple's site or looked at the label on the back of the machine to see what the model it was when it shipped?

What I meant to say is that I don't trust eBay prices because I have known sellers to relist their items and sell them again if their completed/sold price was too low before.

The warranty checks out with the serial number of the device.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 8.21.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 8.21.15 PM.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 89

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
What I meant to say is that I don't trust eBay prices because I have known sellers to relist their items and sell them again if their completed/sold price was too low before.

The warranty checks out with the serial number of the device.

Mine validates its warranty too though it never had a 3.33 in at the time I purchased like it does now, you would need to look at sticker in back to see if it shipped with that processor. Still I think you got fair deal for the machine you have bought.

skafia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
SOCAL
Mine validates its warranty too though it never had a 3.33 in at the time I purchased like it does now, you would need to look at sticker in back to see if it shipped with that processor. Still I think you got fair deal for the machine you have bought.

Thanks for the reassurance, the sticker checks out btw:

Attachments

• sticker.png
    sticker.png
    763.4 KB · Views: 82

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009

12 GB of RAM
60GB SSD
ATI Radeon 5770 1024 MB

Congrats on your new 6 core. It's a fast machine and will give you years of good service. I think you got a good deal specially still with Applecare. In eBay, a true, 5.1 6 core is uncommon and only a few genuine 5.1 is being sold and price is usually around $2300 or more. Some hexcores being sold are actually upgraded units coming from 4.1. Enjoy your Mac Pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.