Price Advice Is this a good price for a rMBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by marc55, Dec 23, 2013.

1. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

I have a lead on a Late 2013 15" rMBP still in the unopened box which sells for $2599 on the Apple site.

I checked the service date on the Apple site, and its 11 Dec 2013.

The owner has agreed to sell it to me for $2100, and has the necessary proof to show it's his. He received it as some type of award from his company.

My only question is since I can get it new for $2399 under the Apple employee purchase program , is the $300 savings worth not having the 14 day right of return should I not like it, or should it have an issue.

Or should I try to get it for a little less than $2100?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.
    Don't check just one source, but get an average from all sources to get a realistic pricing idea. For example, Mac2Sell may quote a higher value than the market bears, while some sources may quote lower.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

are you charged tax under your employee purchase program? if so, your savings would be closer to $500 than $300. something to consider. also of note, is this the right model you would have wanted anyhow? for instance, if the base model is just fine for you, then why spend the extra $ on computing power you don't need?