Is this a good price for a second-hand iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kdum8, Jun 18, 2008.

1. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

My friend is selling his iMac and I am thinking of buying it but am not sure about the price. While I want to give him a fair price at the same time I don't want to be ripped off either.

The computer specs are:

iMac 24" Intel Core 2 Duo (2.16GHZ), 2GB SDRAM, 250GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT Video Card 256MB, dual layer DVD-R burner. Apple Care until end of 2009.

He wants around $1200 for it, is that reasonable or too much?

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

As long as the case, screen and computer in general are in perfect like new condition than yes. Otherwise I would knock off some.

For reference in the refurb store.
    24 in, 7300GT, 1GB RAM, and all other specs the same as your friends goes for $1200.

Your friends has a nicer video card and more RAM so $1200 seems fair for a used iMac with a little over a year of Applecare.

edit: For that $1200 the iMac should also include iLife 06 and installer CD and 10.5 Leopard with CD.

3. keltorsori macrumors regular

I second velocityg4. It's not a bad price, not the most awesome price in the world either. The video card in that one is going to start showing its extreme age very soon, so keep that in mind if you're doing anything that requires lots of core image stuff or gaming.

4. kdum8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kdum8