Price Advice Is this a good price for an iPad?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by x&y, Jul 10, 2012.

1. x&y macrumors member

My friends sister is selling her iPad Orginal 16GB wi-fi version for £150.

It comes with the original box and the documentation. It is however missing the charger.

The condition is decent, I would describe it as very good. It's not mint and has one or two scratches on the back and a slight dent in the side of the metal casing, but the screen looks fantastic and the battery runs very well.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated as I have never had an iPad before and wondered if this was a good price, thanks in advice for reading and replying.

2. boomboom2 macrumors regular

Try to haggle a lower price. Leverage the new Nexus 7's to get her to drop it to closer to 100.

3. -TYLER macrumors regular

4. Anyhuman55, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012

Anyhuman55 macrumors newbie

5. x&y thread starter macrumors member

It's not me who's selling it, I am the one buying it.

6. x&y thread starter macrumors member

Sorry to bump this thread but can anyone else give me some advice before I purchase the iPad?

7. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

When you say original, I'm going to assume you mean the 1st generation iPad. We're now in the 3rd generation, and the $319 US price is for a 2nd generation iPad.

Aside from needing to buy a charger, the 2nd generation is faster because it has 2 CPUs, a camera, and will likely be included in iOS6 update, and perhaps even iOS7. You can search the forums for threads where people have complain their 1st generation iPads became sluggish after upgrading to iOS 5.

For the difference in price I would stick with the refurb 2nd generation iPad.