Is This a Good Price?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tayshon, Jul 15, 2009.

1. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

When I came home last night, I was hit with a bombshell. Someone in my own house cracked the screen on my MacBook. Well after hours of crying, yelling and looking blanking into space just shaking my head. I called Apple to see how much they would charge me. They said it starts at about $650. He guy then gave me a couple of authorized service places. One place that was kind of close to my job quoted me a price of $399 for parts and labor. So does that seem like a good price, or should I call around some more. I'm in the Philly area.

Thank You in Advance

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

400$ sounds like good price if it's over 650$ from Apple. Of course if you know who broke it, let him/her pay

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I agree with Hellhammer, if you know who broke your screen, they deserve to pay for it. At the bare minimum they would at least pitch in to help you.

4. tayshon thread starter macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Well, "they" don't have a job since they are a little underage 7 and 3, yes my baby did it :(, but since daddy was watching he will pay the bill. Thank you both. :)

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Aww, that's a bummer. Back to the original topic though, $400 does seem like a pretty decent price. Are you trying to get your screen replaced or just repaired?

6. tayshon thread starter macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I know :(, replaced.

7. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

$400 for a fully replaced screen? That's a pretty good price then. I've read reports on these forums that some screen replacements are $1000 or more, so you're lucky to find a good price like that.

8. tayshon thread starter macrumors 6502a

tayshon

OK, that makes me feel a lot better, I was going to do a little more calling around, but it sounds like it a good deal. I hope it does not take that long to fix, I think the guy said about 2 day as long as they have the screen in stock.

9. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

That sounds like a good turn around time. Good luck man, and be sure to post about the experience and the result as well.

10. boston44 macrumors 6502

$400 labor included is very reasonable for a replaced screen. Let us know how it goes.