Is this a good source for Mac Pro memory?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by rondocap, Apr 18, 2012.

1. rondocap macrumors regular

I have a 2006 Mac Pro 2.66, and have original Apple ram mixed with OWC memory and no issues.

I was searching around and found this place - Mac Memory Store. Here is the link:

http://www.macmemorystore.com/ram/MMS327268.html

Is this memory good? Same level as OWC? Or should I avoid it? I did a little research and did not find much on it. Thanks!

2. gerlitzappel macrumors regular

I've been very happy with all the purchases I have made through MacSales over the years. For the small price difference of $18, I would go with MacSales.

Jason

3. nambuccaheadsau macrumors 6502a

nambuccaheadsau

rondocap if the modules are as per example in your link, not suitable as Mac Pro 1.1 uses modules with heat spreaders.

4. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

It could also just a be a generic stock photo. I'd call and ask, personally.

But at least with OWC, you know exactly what you're getting. Their customer service is great, too.

5. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Stick with OWC - Macsales.com. Good company, good products, good customer service and if you have any problems with an item, especially RAM, they will replace it.

6. dpavid macrumors regular

7. cutterman macrumors regular

+1
    FWIW, there have been a few posts lately about incompatible temp sensors in OWC memory.

8. Greg M macrumors 6502

9. strwrsfrk macrumors regular

I've used this RAM from amazon on several Mac Pr o1,1 models and they've all worked out great. Excellent price, too: http://www.amazon.com/BUFFERED-PC2-...UUAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334926012&sr=8-1

Note: The heatsink you receive is different than the ones in the picture.