Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
If you go to the App Store on iPhone, you can see that the banners at the top of the store don't look like they fit there. They are sort of 'squashed' to fit the width of the iPhone.

And if you go down, you can see some text is cut off. This is not Apple at all.
I think that these graphics and images are made for a slightly wider iPhone.
Please dont say that they just used the larger images from the iPad version and made them fit on the iPhone - because as far as I can tell, it doesn't look that way.

I probably have too much time on my hands, but I'd still like to hear what you think.
If you're going to leave pointless posts on this thread, please don't bother.

Check out the attachments. One is original, and then I've taken it and stretched it slightly.
Total stretch was probably half an inch or so.

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    378 KB · Views: 131
  • stretched1.png
    stretched1.png
    398.3 KB · Views: 116
  • photo 3.PNG
    photo 3.PNG
    429.3 KB · Views: 115

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
A larger screen is likely to sports new iPhones in the near future, but I don't think your hints have nothing to do with that :D

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Having an object cut off indicates you are not at the end of a scrollable list. It would need much more than a larger screened iPhone to show the complete list, but that is not how lists work anyway.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I too saw the SQUISHED banners for Apple Apps (again funny the company that is hosting it cannot develop for it)

and yes, as stated by others it seems odd to have it cut off (iOS 5 and earlier did not) but that helps the viewer to keep scrolling to see more.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Ok, so you see 2 possible scenarios here:

1) An App Store designer accidentally squished a graphic wrong.

2) An App Store designer accidentally uploaded an image being prepared for a future phone 11 months early.

Either way, they made a mistake. And you're thinking the second option seems more likely?

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
That's not a hint, that is a certainty. It totally is not unrelated to the launch of a new smartphone. I wonder why you were the only one to see this obvious news?

I mean, a page that you consider not fit for a phone's screen size must mean that a new smartphone is going to have a bigger screen. Right?

I'll offer another related information. That screenshot also suggests Bill Gates is secretly working with Apple for a new product, probably an orange car, seeing how often that colour appears on the App Store and how many car games are available. I'll probably open a new thread...

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I noticed the cut off text as well yesterday on the App store, but I never thought anything of it. I think it's unlikely that it hints a larger screen at this early stage (though I wish it is), most likely it's a cock up.

Are you Sirious?

I'll get my hat.

Yes, get your hat.

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.