Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
This is from an image for a Wallet available from Worst Try that has an AirTag holder built-in. It looks nothing like the current AirTag. I didn't know if this was the first sneak peek at a new one about to come out.

It looks ridiculously thin but it's hard to tell from the face on angle of the photo. It looks like a coin, a US quarter size AirTag?

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 9.54.01 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: thejadedmonkey

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I was looking at some of the newer holders at Belkin.com, and went to the Worst Try (Best Buy) website, and saw that wallet.

Belkin has the 'Secure Holder', which seems like a good idea. The other holders seem to be rather more delicate for some uses. It's so new they don't have it yet.

dz5b609

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2019
I always wonder how people get so easily scammed online, but then I see posts like this and it all makes sense.

But yes some rando wallet company has access to new unreleased airtag models. /s

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
:rolleyes: But why photoshop an AirTag. :D

I get the 'unpaid product placement' idea, but they ARE using Apple's logo. It looked real to me, and I thought I had seen images similar to this before when people were hinting about a new thinner AirTag. Now that I look closer at the images it does look like a photoshop, but there aren't the usual ham-handed artifacts in the fingers. I wonder if they just printed a cardboard disk and used that. Although using what looks like the Apple logo would attract legal attention more than using an image of the actual AirTag. Not that I'm an attorney...

And also a leak depends on how far prototype AirTags might be distributed. It's possible there could be a leak.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.