Is this a new feature?

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
I know its different on the iPhone, but I guess thats because of the limited space. Anyways... I like it.:)

samac92

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
It's not new on the iPad, and it has been around since before 5.1

Last edited:

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
How did you get the microphone to appear on the keyboard in safari? I only have it with the messages app.

Atken

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2006
How did you get the microphone to appear on the keyboard in safari? I only have it with the messages app.
Within Safari dictation doesn't seem to work in the address bar. It only works in the search field. And then, of course, when entering text within a webpage - like I just did with this post :)

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
Within Safari dictation doesn't seem to work in the address bar. It only works in the search field. And then, of course, when entering text within a webpage - like I just did with this post :)

Oh ok, I did that and ended up having the same thing as what you posted. Learn something new everyday lol.

Atken

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2006
Really hope this comes to the iPhone soon. It's the one feature I've always wanted.
To clarify, are you saying you really hope for a search-within-page feature on the iPhone? Or do you specifically want it above the keyboard like in the screenshot.

Because the iPhone already has a search-within-page feature it's just a little harder to get to.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
I hadn't used 5.1 on the 2, so I didn't know about this.

Very cool, I used that all the time and it did seem inefficient before.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Really hope this comes to the iPhone soon. It's the one feature I've always wanted.
They already have this for iPhone. You have to go to the upper right search bar and then scroll down until you see it.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
How are you attaching a pic from Safari? On the iPad? I can't figure it out. :(
Take screenshot. Upload to dropbox. Attach to post using browser on my mac, which I remote control using LogMeIn from my iPad!

ImaVeggie

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I have never noticed that FIND before and have always wanted that feature.

I may not have the new iPad but I now have FIND on page. Wahoo!!!

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
To clarify, are you saying you really hope for a search-within-page feature on the iPhone? Or do you specifically want it above the keyboard like in the screenshot.

Because the iPhone already has a search-within-page feature it's just a little harder to get to.
They already have this for iPhone. You have to go to the upper right search bar and then scroll down until you see it.
Wow. As a heavy user, I'm ashamed to say I never noticed that. Thanks for the tip!