Is this a no brainer? Need some assistance.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by cedwhatev, Jul 15, 2012.

1. cedwhatev macrumors 6502

cedwhatev

I am about to sell my 2010 11" MBA Ultimate to someone off Craigslist for 650.00, which seems to be the going rate nowadays for the used 2010's. Today, I received a new offer from another person, offering me a straight up trade. My MBA 2010 (1.6GHz, 4GB, 128SSD) for their Mid-2010 MacBook Pro (2.4GHz, 4GB, 250HDD). Now, before answering, keep in mind, that I am selling this MBA, because I already purchased another one. I have never owned a Pro, so I need some experts here... tell me what to do. My fate rests in your hands.. but from my research, the MB Pros have been selling for a higher price, so it seems like a pretty good deal to me... :rolleyes:

2. KPOM macrumors G5

3. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Since you already bought another Air, what would the MBP's purpose be? I personally wouldn't trade... rather take the money and if you ever want to test out a MBP, you can always get one and return it in 14 days from purchase ( should be more than enough to decide if it's worth getting one later on or not ).

4. cedwhatev thread starter macrumors 6502

cedwhatev

No, the only reason I ask is because I was just going to be greasy and see if I could resell the Pro for more money lol.. well, the thought crossed my mind.. but I want to get my wife a Mac.. her Toshiba Satellite is a piece of junk.. only had it for 9 months, and it's been nothing but problems. Problem is, she wants a bigger screen, namely a 13", so that's kinda what I was thinking.

But if it's an even trade, it's something I am strongly considering... and then I will just sell the Toshiba.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Get your wife a 13.3 Air, then. ;)