Is this a normal or bad screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheBonk, Oct 5, 2007.

1. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

I just bought a week 39 Touch. When watching a video on Youtube, I noticed that only at an angle it looks like the blacks are negative. When I look straight on, the colors are perfect. Is it normal to have bad blacks at an angle?

Here are some pics:

Straight on
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/bonkboy90/DSC_5242.jpg

At an angle
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/bonkboy90/DSC_5243.jpg

EDIT: I just happened to notice that when I double press the home button while the Touch is locked, I don't get any song controls. I just get the time and the song name...

EDIT AGAIN: The controls sometimes show up and sometimes they don't. Is this a wide known problem?

2. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Your screen looks fine to me...but I'm not very experienced in the iPod touch defect domain yet lol.

Mine looks similar...when I view the Jay-Z picture it looks fine from dead on but when I turn it to the side it fades...doesn't bother me though, I would only ever be looking at it from head on anyway. But I think both of our screens are normal. If you look at some pictures - people with messed up screens can't even view blacks head on.

3. Borracho400 macrumors member

I think you don't have a problem either. I think when you look at it at an even greater angle it has the same effect as if you would look at your computer screen and then just move side to side. Once you go to far to the right or left it will all slowly start to look darker. I think that is just normal.

4. TheBonk thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Thanks.

Now I just discovered another bug. When I click on Videos, I get a list of my Albums.

5. lamerlizer macrumors regular

lamerlizer

6. contoursvt macrumors 6502a

I think its mostly TN panels that do that.. TN panels are cheaper, have good speed but suck for viewing angles.

7. California King macrumors 65816

What are TN panels? Is that what Macbook screens have?

8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Your screen looks ok to me. I wouldn't worry about it if it looks okay to you as well.

9. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Your screen is fine, as for the other video/control bugs I think a restore will fix.