Is this a possibility for the Whitebook refresh (possibly in June)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vpr, May 1, 2009.

1. vpr macrumors newbie

I want to know how probable it will be for the Whitebooks to adopt the glass multi-touch trackpad and LCD screen from the unibody macbook in the rumored June refresh?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. fewture macrumors regular

and why would they do that? Do you have any good reasons/rumors for that comment?

people still like its design and its price.

4. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

It's not likely that they will update it in those ways as it would bring the cost up, and make it too similar to the alu macbook.

5. Sareth macrumors member

It is an aberration in terms of its design aesthetics compared to the rest of the current mac line up.
    If June brings a price drop for the unibody macbooks I bet they will drop it.

6. Prekesh macrumors regular

Prekesh

I agree with what you say, how its not aesthetically up to date with the current mac line up, that being said the white macbook is a really really nice machine, in my opinion, they shouldn't drop it. It has firewire and the unibody models do not, it has the "better" not-as-super-glossy screen.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

or they might replace it with a lower-end machine like a 10" screen netbook. Thre's been speculation on apple doing a netbook.

8. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

With Intel lowering it's CPU prices in June, I would look to see Apple lower theirs as well. I'm not sure if we'll see a price drop in the white Macbook platform, not major platform revisions. In this sort of economy, it's typical to see price cuts over frequent revisions.

9. vpr thread starter macrumors newbie

A price drop would be nice, I'm trying to decide which one to buy come this July -- the Whitebook or the Unibody. I've read lots of threads started by other people, but I'm really in a conundrum as I like the styling of the Whitebook a little better, but really really want the LED screen and multi-touch pad.

Having said that though, a price drop might make me bite.

10. limesmoothie macrumors 6502

That was exactly my dilemma. I love the look of the Whitebook but the screen and trackpad are both excellent on the unibody, which I ended up going with. The trackpad gestures are superb, I can't imagine being without it now.

11. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Yes, but as long as it is still selling then who cares? People buy a computer, not a product line.

That being said, yes if they cut the prices of the unibody MB then no reason to keep the white one. For now I think it occupies an important niche, considering how many PC notebooks are selling at far lower prices than even the white MB.

Although there is still the possibility of a price drop there too, if Apple doesn't come out with that tablet/netbook/whatever device. I guess we shall see.