Is This a RAM Problem? Stuck at White Apple Load Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rocknpop, Aug 11, 2009.

1. rocknpop macrumors member

Last night I had to Relaunch my Safari while downloading Propellerheads's Record trial in my MacBook.

I let it download last night and Restarted it this morning and it got stuck in the apple white load screen and it never booted.

I had this same problem when I was installing my Corsair RAM. Do you think that is the problem because it doesn't recognize the RAM? I have some OWC RAM coming this week so I am waiting for it, but what else can I try to resolve this issue?

Thanks guys

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Try removing one of the RAM chipsets and see if it will boot.

3. rocknpop thread starter macrumors member

4. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Not really but I assume it's some sort of incompatibility. What are the specks of your RAM and MacBook?

BTW ... Hope my suggestion worked until you get your new good RAM. OWC rocks.

5. rocknpop thread starter macrumors member

I have an MB403LL/A (Early Peryn 2008) 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo but I had set with Corsair RAM VSA4GSDSKIT667C4.

Can't wait for the OWC RAM to see how it runs.

6. rocknpop thread starter macrumors member

Oh yeah, I will try that when I get home today. Thanks!!

7. rocknpop thread starter macrumors member

It will not boot!! What now?

I tried replacing the Corsair RAM with the OEM that it came with and no luck booting. What can I do now? Take it to the Apple Store?

I tried to boot up holding Apple+V .... I get a "no network stack object" message. Is this normal?

8. rocknpop thread starter macrumors member

Well since no one could help me here I had to call. Luckily enough I was still under the year warranty and the Apple customer service guys helped me on the phone even though they were not supposed to (kudos to them!).

I am now re-installing all the 3rd party software I had installed. Long and tedious but I hope that it works and doesn't crash again.

If anyone runs into this problem, feel free to PM me and I will give you the details on how to resolve.

9. Xanderis macrumors newbie

cant find how to PM you.

I rebooted macbook after updating safari, and after acting all weird. Now its loading and the just a blue screen appears. And mouse cursor. And the screen flashes once in a while.

10. rocknpop thread starter macrumors member

11. Xanderis macrumors newbie

Thanks. well that helped to log into the account.

No application actually works and airport is off, and wont work. It's so weird.

I have another thread, but no replies so far.

Got my appointment at genius on saturday, but ive got delays of work for two days now, which if its fixed on sat , will take me all weekend to do :/

12. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

To PM somebody, click their name and a drop down appears, then click "send private message."

13. rocknpop thread starter macrumors member

If you can re-install the OS from the discs if you have OS X I would do an Install and Archive. Worked great for me. I'll open a thread with some questions I have on it..

14. Xanderis macrumors newbie

thanks mate, its probably this old works computer, that theres no such option there :) im like Windows NT lol