Is this a reasonable price for my "old" 16 day Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aneftp, Feb 26, 2008.

1. aneftp macrumors 68040

I'm thinking about putting my 16 day old Macbook 2.2 Intel C2D with 4GB RAM and 320GB HD.

I am also throwing a copy of Microsoft Office 2k8 and also throwing in a shrink wrapped (never opened, never activated) copy of Windows Vista Home Premium.

I am thinking about putting it on craigslist for $1500.

Is this a fair asking price.

Basically this macbook is brand new (used for 2 weeks) and I brought 4GB RAM and also brought the Western Digital HD 320GB and installed it myself.

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Why on earth do you want to sell it? It's a fantastic computer.

3. aneftp thread starter macrumors 68040

I'm just thinking about selling it. It runs super fast (especially with the 4GB of RAM).

I'm just little annoyed (like a lot of people today) I follow macrumors.com threads almost daily and am on top of things.

I know technology changes fast but never expected the macbooks to be updated this quickly especially with the 45nm intel chips.

I've gotten two email responses back already on craigslist but they are low-ball offers of $1300.

I'm willing to take up to a 10% hit but not a 20% hit.

4. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

The only significant (depending upon your perspective) update to the MBP imo, is the new multi-touch trackpad. I don't think it's hardly worth taking a hit for such a minimal increase, and lack of case redesign, etc.

I'd hold on to it until some significant upgrade comes along, and offload it then. In fact, I just purchased your model MBP for $1449 on the refurb store, with the plan to sell it once we see a REAL update. In the meantime I get a fast, wonderful machine, and can enjoy it in the interim.