Is this a sale?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Regbial, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Regbial, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. Regbial thread starter macrumors 6502

Regbial

Cmon someone help me. I don't know wether to buy it or not.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

How do you expect someone to answer your question?:confused: If the price is now within your range and you want to watch then you should buy.

4. cxc273 macrumors regular

If you go to the Movies homepage in iTunes, you'll find whatever movies are on sale for a particular week.

With regards to the specific films you're asking about, the bundle is less expensive than buying the movies separately, but it is not "on sale."

As we enter into the holiday season and with the next Hobbit movie coming in December, Apple may choose to put the original Lord of the Rings extended trilogy on sale at some point.

5. Regbial thread starter macrumors 6502

Regbial

Awesome, that's some clever thinking. I guess I should wait.

You see I don't live in the US. I have $30 in my account, so I would have to contact a friend, ask him to lend me $20 (as in buying a $20 gift card for me, then me paying him back when I see him).

So it isn't just a "you want it, buy it" thing.

6. susa macrumors regular

Getting to be so many mean-spirited people at macrumors. I get nervous about asking for help :( It used to be nice here.
    It would be useful to know if when something says sale there, if anybody here knows whether or not that's the price it'll stay at, so it could be put on the back burner if you want, or if it really is a sale for a given period of time that you should jump on.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Hardly "mean" to point out the obvious. No one here is privy to Apple's undeclared policies.

8. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

These forums used to be filled with intelligent questions and not ones that expected some kind of "Apple Insider" knowledge on iTunes sales.

Frankly I read the OPs initial post and knew no one would have an answer. Then the OP bumped the tread as if somehow we were ignoring his thread.

To the OP: we didn't respond because the chances that ANYONE here tracks the cost of ALL media on iTunes and their given cost at any time is next to none. Frankly it sounds like you can't afford it anyway so don't buy it.

9. Regbial thread starter macrumors 6502

Regbial

Thank you, maybe it's because you're Canadian.. Damn these "gringos", they seem like a pack of wolves ready to strike. Sheesh..

----------

Oh, so mean. I can't afford it anyway? Of course I can, it's putting my friend through the trouble that I worry about. I have $250 saved to spend.

The problem is I REMEMBER seeing this bundle priced at like $50-$60. And now I see it as $40. I don't know if it's because of the Hobbit Expanded Edition, or they dropped the price before that's why I'm asking. These are some really popular movies, is it really that strange for me to expect people around here to buy them? I mean you talk to me like I'm some stupid freak. We're in the APPLE TV forums (couldnt find itunes forums btw), people here BUY MOVIES for their Apple TVs. I feel like I'm in kindergarden at this point.

I think you're just a bitter person, and mean. Unnecessarily. I feel sad for people like you.

Did you parents never teach you manners? Having a kind demeanor towards strangers?

Wow. :rolleyes:

----------

I mean I'm not asking or EXPECTING people from inside apple, inside iTunes to reply right now. I'm asking consumers, who probably buy these movies.

Jezuz.

----------

What is it with this "smartass" attitude you Americans share? It's not appreciated, and it is mean.

(I'll be honest though your first message I didn't pick up any attitude like that and it was kinda helpful and appreciated, but still.)

10. benh911f macrumors 6502

So you complain about people being mean by spewing racist remarks and categorizing an entire country as being "smartass." You're not much better than the entire group of people you're criticizing.

11. Regbial thread starter macrumors 6502

Regbial

What racist remarks? Are you kidding me? "Gringo"? No, really, R U SERIOUS???

And I'm criticizing a culture, not a country. The US is very large, people from the west coast are different from the east, and A LOT diffrent from the middle "bible belt" places, and south.

I'm just generalizing. Many of you americans are very cold yes, but even that is happening in my country, in some areas.

Judge me as you wish. ;)

12. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

No one... Except this thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1517723
    ;)

13. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

14. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I was just pointing out the sale thread existence to help out some people that stumble across this thread. No need to get feisty. :eek:

15. Regbial thread starter macrumors 6502

Regbial

I'm telling you, these people..