Is this a scam?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tenderous, Nov 14, 2014.

1. tenderous macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, btw this is my first post :D

Well, I was browsing used iMacs on amazon, and I found a great deal, but it had a description which sounds fishy:

Refurbished

Read all the message! This is a great offer ,was listed as refurbished but is never used,new, with original box and 2 years warranty.The product was used only for advertising purposes in my store.Before placing a order let me know here: (an e-mail adress) «

Is this a scam?

Link to where I found it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004YLCBRG/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Yes - always a scam when they want you to email them outside of Amazon.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

To buy from Amazon even through another seller you shouldn't have to email someone so I wouldn't want to buy from that seller. If you have to ask if something is a scam it's probably best not to risk it.

4. tenderous thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, I think you guys were right since it was just removed. It was $590 but it still says Refurbished from $590 even though the cheapest refurbed one is about $900

5. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Right here should have told you the seller was stretching the truth. Out, sitting on a counter displaying advertising is not New, in box never used.And Refurbished is a process, not just a sales description. If it was "new" as claimed it wouldn't need refurbished.

Too many holes