Is this a software or hardware problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thecharlesmoore, Feb 16, 2012.

1. thecharlesmoore macrumors member

OK, for the past month and a half, I have had severe internet problems.

1) Internet: I use wifi. On an average day, I am turning it off and on about 7 times throughout the day to get the connection back. Everybody else in my house (non Mac users) don't have the problem that severe.

2). Charger: When my charger is plugged into the computer, the sleep indicator light stays on. I have to unplug the charger for and wait 5 minutes for it to start blinking or else when I open the MBP the screen will flash to the login window and flash off (along with the keyboard lights)

3). Restart: I have to restart this machine A LOT. Once, I restarted 4 times in a row and it still was acting up

4). Trash: I just don't have the ability to empty it. It scans and says that it has 327 items to delete...but it stays still for hours.

5). Today: I have really reached to the point where I am concerned. I opened Safari and loaded Twitter. About 2 minutes later I opened a new tab and went to my YouTube favorites and the page wouldn't load. It stopped the process on Twitter and every other application that was running internet. I tried to restart my computer and try again, but it seems like after 15 minutes of browsing the web, the pages become unresponsive.

I upgraded to Lion the day it was released and I'm thinking its the software problem...then again, look at all the other stuff that is wrong.

I plan on going to Best Buy (the place where I purchased this machine exactly a year ago). I have no idea what to do. Is going to Best Buy a waste of time?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The issues you list are not related and do not all have to do with your internet connection.
    Use AirPort Utility to see what channel you're using. AirPort Radar Widget (Mac) will show what channels are being used by nearby networks, so you can choose one that doesn't conflict.
    Try resetting the SMC.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
    Why are you restarting? It's usually not necessary. What is "acting up"?
    You can't empty the Trash or move a file to the Trash
    Solving Trash Problems
    Can't move files to trash
    Launch Activity Monitor and change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes", then click on the CPU column heading once or twice, so the arrow points downward (highest values on top). Then look to see what may be consuming system resources.

3. thecharlesmoore thread starter macrumors member

Whoa. Thanks so much! I'll try all of that right now.