Is this a virus? "Problem: virus infected WM97/Marker-AZ"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by allan_zip, Oct 1, 2007.

1. allan_zip macrumors regular

allan_zip

We've recently started having a problem with word document files on our network of macs. The main office computer appears to have a virus, or at least that's what happens everytime we try and email documents or open shared documents. Our BT internet, which claims to be cleaning them on the way out, has identified the problem as:

Problem: virus infected WM97/Marker-AZ

We havn't noticed any kind of system corruption taking place or unusual glitches but it's making emailing important documents (eg. a job application form or contract) a total pain, with lots of attachments and messages being bounced back from recipients. Files will open on our computer system but it will always ask you to disable macros first.

I've done a search "WM97/Marker-AZ" on the forum but have got nothing back. We've never had any kind of virus protection in place on the system (all macs: 8 G4 emacs and 5 dual G5 powermacs) so are not sure what to do to clean up the system.

Can anyone identify or confirm this as a virus or point us towards an option for cleaning up? Or will i finally have to conceed that our macs have a virus and get some Norton or McAfee?

Thanks,
    Al

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

3. allan_zip thread starter macrumors regular

allan_zip

Cheers for that. Yeah probably should have checked google myself but i always rush here first with my mac problems :rolleyes:
    There's an evaluation copy of sophos, so i'll see if that can clean it all up.
    Thanks again.
    Al

4. aashadow15 macrumors newbie

i need help 2

ive had huge amounts of corruption on my ibook g4 it even spread 2 my ipod and its really pissing me off, im trying Virus Barrier X4 on my comp and its not helped so far but maybee it will help u:)