Is this a wierd plan for getting an iphone on the 30th?

Steveo47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
So im gonna go to the apple store at one of my local malls. Doors to the mall dont open till 6 am. Which means there will be no line at the apple store till then. The mall obviously has different entrances and im assuming at one or two of them people will be waiting to get in. So if there is people at entrance A and B, why dont i just go through entrance C which has no people, haul ass to the apple store and be one of the first in line?

dast1g

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2009
Ireland
So im gonna go to the apple store at one of my local malls. Doors to the mall dont open till 6 am. Which means there will be no line at the apple store till then. The mall obviously has different entrances and im assuming at one or two of them people will be waiting to get in. So if there is people at entrance A and B, why dont i just go through entrance C which has no people, haul ass to the apple store and be one of the first in line?
Do it and video it for the laugh :)

Steveo47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
hah ive seen that. but seriously.. why dont more people do that? it seems like a great idea to me.

bumzo1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
unless all of the doors are set on a timer, then they won't all open at the same time and they will most likely open the door with the line first...

WishIWasHere

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
Just find a security guard that opens the doors and slip him $20 to let you in 5 minutes early. Cash is king.

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada
they will only open the doors closest to the apple store or only the main mall doors. when I worked at the mall only they main doors were opened early so there was some kind of control of who was coming and leaving...all other doors remained locked until normal opening time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.