Is this a WiFi quirk - iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rodster, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Rodster macrumors 68040

I'm leaning on a quirk and it's the way it works. Here's what happens. If I have my WiFi turned off and turn it back on, my Router when I wake my iPad 2 from Sleep mode it doesn't connect to the WiFi Router.

If I go into settings I can see the iPad 2 scanning but doesn't connect to my Router. If I close the Smart Cover and open it again, it connects to my WiFi Router. It never drops out after that.

I'm leaning on it being a quirk but want to ask as I have till June 19th before I can return it to Apple.

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I've not seen that behavior on my iPads. What brand router?

3. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

Verizon D-Link.

4. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

My iPad doesn't do that either, if it did I think I would take it back to Apple and have them look at it.

My iMac was doing that for a while, then the problem was fixed with a software update from Apple.

5. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks guys, it's turned out to be something I can deal with. If I wait around a minute the WiFi radio picks up the signal. Again this only happens if i've turned off WiFi from my Router. If the iPad is in Sleep Mode if I wake up the iPad it picks up the signal immediately.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Why would you turn off wifi at the router anyway? Why not just leave it on?

7. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

I usually turn off the Wifi radio on the router when playing IAP games on my Kindle Fire. I don't want to take a chance of getting needless charges. Sometimes I forget to turn the radio back on. :)