Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Hey Guys

I've recently sold my iPhone on eBay (link) and the buyer wanted to be 100% there were no scratches and it could pass as brand new to his girlfriend. I said no and took pictures that detail the tiny scratches any iPhone gets after only 1 day.

The eBay photos were taken during the day and the two images I've attached were taken with a flash in the dark to show the tiny scratches. I put my girlfriends iPhone next to it to show how a regular iPhone looks - hers has been in a case 90% of the time and it still looks like that.

Attachments

• IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 78

cirial

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Pompano Beach, FL
Yeah yours is pretty near perfect. I still wouldn't use the word perfect on eBay though. Say "like new" and make sure you state no returns and that it works 100%!

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
The pictures you posted here don't look anything like the pictures you used in your auction. :eek:

To be honest, it doesn't look like it's in "Perfect Condition" like you claim in your Ebay ad.

Good Luck!

grantsdale

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
My 3GS has zero of those little specks.

I guess it must be 'super perfect' condition, going by your rating scale.

Perfect is zero marks. Period.

Cookies n footy

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
You really shouldn't have sold it as perfect condition. You should have sold it as very good condition not perfect.

AppelGek

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2010
USA
The pictures you posted here don't look anything like the pictures you used in your auction. :eek:

To be honest, it doesn't look like it's in "Perfect Condition" like you claim in your Ebay ad.

Good Luck!

agreed... on the eBay photos it does look perfect, imo.

MyRomeo

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
I recently sold my 3GS on ebay and it too was almost as good as new, I think I described it as 'excellent condition, minimal wear and tear'. It had no marks at all on it as far as I could see but we all know how some buyers can be.

the ebay ad also lists the item as used which comes with the description

'Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended'

as long as your being honest about its condition and not hiding a big dent or scratch I dont see a problem with your wording. Just avoid saying its 'perfect' as that implies its never been out the box and has absolutely no marks at all on it.

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
sorry dude, this is a very misleading ad in my opinion. I would be emailing you immediately to negotiate the price down if I received that phone after purchasing what looked to be a close-to-new phone.

If you wouldn't issue a partial refund, I would definitely be opening a case with paypal for "not as described".

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
Nah never use the word perfect. When I ever sell used stuff I always use the words "full working order" and then I highlight where any marks are on the phone in the description.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
NEVER use the word perfect. It makes it was too easy for a seller to come back at you for the most minute issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.