Is this accurate?? (warranty date)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TubbyCow, May 14, 2008.

1. TubbyCow macrumors member

SO i checked out this web site https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do which I was told tells you the date your warranty runs out. I entered my serial number and it says that my one year warranty runs out september 6th 2008. That is strange since I bought my mac on june 6th 2007 the day the new SR one was released.

I am curious because I just bought apple care at a store and have not registered it yet. I am hesitant because in case of a theft or accidental damage i do not want to have wasted the applecare (they told me I could return it if it is unopened) Now i am thinking i can wait till septemeber to register the apple care. IS this correct? Should I trust the accuracy of the site. I thought you only had one year but this makes it seem like the year started after 3 months:confused::

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

youll need to contact apple about that one

and i think applecare can only be returned within 28 days or whatever apples policy is where you are, they wont accept it as a return in 4 months...

3. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Do you by chance get a replacement MBP? I know when I had problems with mine and they exchanged it, the date changed to the new exchange date.