Is this all I'll need? garageband

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JulieGirl, Dec 2, 2009.

1. JulieGirl macrumors newbie

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Skip the i-control thing. Use a mouse, at lleast at first them later these are other contol surfaces you can use if you don't like the mouse. Some of 1/2 this price, some 20X more, some with piaon keys built in. Lots to choose from but at first a mounse will do the job.

What will you plug the mic, bass and guitar into? Will you plug them all in and record them at the same time?

You will need a USB audio interface, which one tobuy depends on how many tracks you record at once and your budgt.

3. JulieGirl thread starter macrumors newbie

ChrisA thx.

Just one instrument at a time I record.

You mean I can't plug a guitar into an i-Control? Or I can plug it in an i-Control, but I can't plug the i-Control into the mac w/o an interface?

What usb interface would you get? Geez. Good thing I didn't just get the i-Control. I thought it was a usb interface.

I've got about $100 to spend. Already have an sm58.

4. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I recently had the same question, about how to hook up a guitar to Garageband / Logic....Someone recommended the Line-6 UX1 or UX2 which works with Guitar, Bass and Vocals. I plan on getting a UX1 myself

here is the link for that thread I started: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=823641

It is very informative.