iPad mini Is This An Apple Certified Refurbished iPad Mini 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pqhf5kd, Dec 11, 2014.

1. pqhf5kd macrumors newbie

Just purchased an Apple certified refurbished iPad Mini 2 from a third party and wanted to check this it really is

I have no problem with the iPad itself, but I'll chuck the charger and cable if they're fakes

I've attached a picture of all the packaging
    There was also a rubbish photocopy of some instructions on using the Apple power adapter and the various input voltages

Attached Files:

2. pqhf5kd thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I've just watched some videos on YouTube [which I should have done before posting this] and can see that Apple refurbs are clearly different with white boxes

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

They come in white boxes, and the charger/cables/instructions are in original packaging.

A 3rd party could be getting something different than how apple sells it. That is how apple refurbs bought directly from apple look (white box, original packaging).

That may be a company that is certified to repair apple products. I bet they fixed a returned/damaged unit and repackaged it themselves. The only concern I would have is if it has a warranty.

4. Atomic77 macrumors regular

Atomic77

It looks like a normal iPad mini 2 to me but most iPads come in a white box.

5. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Apple refurbished have a different serial number, so the warranty would be reset to (approximately) the date that YOU purchased that refurbished. You can look up your serial number on Apple's support page, which will show Apple's selling date for your iPad. That should be pretty close to the date that YOU purchased it. If the date is several months ago, or more, then the serial number was not changed, and some other company "refurbished" it, and it doesn't have full warranty from Apple.

6. Royksöpp macrumors 6502a

Royksöpp

That is the packaging of an AppleCare replacement. I've had a few in the past. The charger is probably not authentic, but the iPad is basically brand new.