Is this an IOS 6 Bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Rocko1, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

iPhone 5-While using headphones I can hear a noise when the keyboard opens or closes. Sounds like a popping noise-similar to turning on an amp. It is faint, but there. Happens also 5 seconds after you stop typing but don't close keyboard and then again as the first letter is pressed(not keyboard clicking sound).

It also happens when listening to music and you slide the volume bar to 0 and then just up a little bit.

Also happens when while an app is opening. Looks to be anytime something is preparing to make sound. Anyone else notice this?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Sounds like you have keyboard sounds on and are hearing the amp turn on and off. All iPhones have done this to conserve power when audio isn't being used.

3. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I don't have an iPhone 5, but I used to notice this same thing is OS X. It's something to do with the background service for audio becoming active in situations where it will be called on.

I wouldn't call it a bug, though I would say that the service itself should be completely silent. Maybe this is impossible for some reason.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong about everything I just said. :eek:

EDIT: Ah, the amp. That makes sense. :)

4. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Thanks. I just have never noticed it before today. Seems they could have muted the power on noise a bit better.

5. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

QuarterSwede, does your phone do this with all sounds also? Starting a song it pops/clicks, 5 sec after stopping a song it pops, sliding on screen volume slider while playing a song, to 0 pops etc.