Is this an iOS4 bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulold, Jun 24, 2010.

1. paulold macrumors 6502

Since you can add music videos to iTunes playlists, I have some music videos in my iPhone. And I usually just shuffle songs when I play music from my iPhone in my car. Well, the song I was playing just happened to be a video. As I was listening to the song, I decided to check my email, so I clicked once on the home button. Usually when I do this, the music will keep playing as I access something else on the phone. But this time, the music stopped as my iPod app closed. So videos can't continue playing in the background? Was it this way before iOS4?

2. stuckinneutral macrumors member

so BEFORE iOS4 if i was watching Podcasts in iPod app then I could hit home and it would Pause.. then i would hit Play (on my headset button) and it will start the video again with just sound .... and i could browse or play a game.

This still works in iOS4 but a few times its started playing a song instead of my podcast.

Without the headset I believe you could double-tap home and hit play on the ipod app and it should play without loading the ipod app.