Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vinyl.warrior

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
A couple of weeks ago I noticed that all of a sudden my LCD has a bright white spot in the lower right hand side of the screen. It's a 15" matte display. I couldn't take a clear picture of it, so I shot some crappy video.

Video 1

Video 2

Since I'm a) posting here, and b) the owner of a matte display, these kinds of flaws are super noticeable to me and bug me quite a bit.

Any tips on getting Apple to fix it (it's still under warranty)?

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
My screen had the same issue. Got my display replaced and now my new one is doing it also in around the same place, same size. I'm sitting on it until it gets a little larger simply because I need my comp for school but i'll bring it in soon.

I've never subjected my MBP to any type of pressure from the display side, and I have had an incase hardshell on it since i've purchased it, so nothing from the outside either.

I think it's called a "mura"

vinyl.warrior

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
My screen had the same issue. Got my display replaced and now my new one is doing it also in around the same place, same size. I'm sitting on it until it gets a little larger simply because I need my comp for school but i'll bring it in soon.

I've never subjected my MBP to any type of pressure from the display side, and I have had an incase hardshell on it since i've purchased it, so nothing from the outside either.

I think it's called a "mura"

Thanks for all the info!

Did you have to jump through any hoops to get it replaced? I brought mine in to the campus bookstore and they told me it wouldn't be covered. I'm planning on calling AppleCare, but I wonder if there are any keywords that I need to say to get the issue resolved...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.