Is this app possible?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Asia8, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Asia8 macrumors regular

Is it possible to write an APP that will show information based on an incoming call and display it on the screen?

That is hard for me to read... So

1) Incoming Call from 123456789 (Sam)
    2) Adds numbers together (45)
    3) Displays on the incoming call display 45

Is this possible?

2. amorya macrumors 6502

You can't get any more information about a call other than its state, and a unique identifier. You can't get the phone number of it.

Look at Core Telephony for more info.

3. jnoxx, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011

jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Afaik, no. unless your device is jailbroken. Apple (the basic rules) don't allow you to go out of your sandbox application.. Some break these, and this is a bit hypocracy of Apple. But I can live with it.
    But maybe some guy will bash me and tell us it's possible. but afaik, in the last year, I haven't seen someone succeed in it ;)
    (that is allowed on the store that is.)

4. Asia8 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I appreciate the fast responses, I have quite a few requests for a program, that I feel is not possible, but try telling that to the people who are not so IT literate and say... "But other phones can do it", and other things.

I'll keep looking into it and hope I find that there is some way (other than jail-breaking) to do this.

Is there any way to access the missed call list, and the received call list?

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No.