Is this backlight bleeding acceptable? (MacBook Pro)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RohitRaj, May 26, 2018.

1. RohitRaj macrumors newbie

RohitRaj

Yesterday noticed this weird issue with my 2017 MacBook Pro 15' while updating it. Only visible when I view something black on.
    At 50%
    IMG_3777.JPG
    At 100%

IMG_3776.JPG
    is this normal? my laptop is still under warranty

2. Eason85 macrumors regular

Eason85

Given that photos exaggerate the effect greatly, it looks on the moderate side but still ok. As long as the backlighting is even, I think it's okay.

3. Martius macrumors 6502

Martius

I have quite the same amount of backlight bleeding on my 2015 MBP 15". It sucks, but I got use to it. It's not noticable 99,5% of time.

But I still don't think it's acceptable to buy $2000+ machine and have problems like this, Apple QA just sucks. I was just a little worried (which is ridiculous) I would get another problem with the replaced screen (dead pixels, yellow tint, staining), so I told myself I will leave it as it is.

4. RohitRaj thread starter macrumors newbie

RohitRaj

Same thing happens to me and Apple genius are so dumb in India that I don't want them to operate my 2000$ laptop. It is not noticeable 99% of time, so should i leave as it is. Does it affect more in future coz i want to use this computer for at least 6 years.

5. DeanPSN macrumors regular

DeanPSN

My 2017 doesn't have any light bleeding at all.
    That's strange, i would go and get the lcd replaced under warranty and use the photos as proof if they dont see the issue in store because of their bright lights.

6. Martius macrumors 6502

Martius

If it was a question – my answer is no, I don't see it getting worse after 3 years, but it might depend on how you treat your devices. From what I know it's a problem of a badly glued sealing around the backlight, so it might get worse. Mine is ok.

There are no official Apple Stores in my country and dealing with those Apple resellers is pain in the ass most of the time. But if I were you I might give it a shot at Apple Store.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Looks pretty typical for a LED backlit screen.

8. slam5 macrumors member

The issue you have to worry about is staining of your screen. Look up staingate.

9. RohitRaj thread starter macrumors newbie

RohitRaj

Can you share your MacBook Photo with me? Curious to know
    --- Post Merged, Jun 21, 2018 ---
    Can you share your MacBook Photo with me? Curious to know