Is this backpack safe enough

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ML321, Sep 2, 2013.

1. ML321 macrumors newbie

I recently bought a MBA and I have a Jansport bag that I bought a couple of years ago that has a laptop sleeve built in. I attached some pictures to show you the sleeve and inner sleeve of the backpack. I was wondering is this safe for my MBA to be in all day while I take it to school and do you think it will get damaged?
    I ask this because the sleeve doesn't seem like it is padded even though it feels a little bit softer than the rest of the back pack. Also I was wondering which way should I put in the MBA, so it doesn't get damaged. (like the logo facing the outside, inside.)
    Thanks for all the help!

Attached Files:

2. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

If you're worried, try not throwing the bag down. Just lay it down gently and it shouldn't be a problem.

If you wanna throw the bag, get one of those hard cases for the MBA..

3. m98custom1212, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013

m98custom1212 macrumors 6502

Really someone is asking this?

I cared my all laptop just like that everything with heavy books in my book bag and had no problems then I actually spent some money on book bag because I always ripped the straps

I don't buy extra warranties or any of that. I take care of all my stuff.. my electronics, house, car and motorcycle.

4. lina231 macrumors regular

I feel you, I was worried about the same thing. I am a college student as well and was really worried because my backpack actually doesn't have a laptop sleeve and since I go to an extremely large campus where it rains and snows...and snows some more I was worried about my MBA being safe as well. So on my MBA I have a hard case on it, and I also keep it in a sleeve (yeah I know I know overkill maybe) but I really didn't want to take any chances. I have had no problems with carrying it around at all, I just make sure to be careful with my backpack and not slam it or throw it on the ground. If you want extra protection you can get a hard case or a sleeve, I have both because I am super protective of my electronics but I'm sure if you went with either of them it would work fine!

Also, when I do set my backpack down I make sure that I position my backpack so the laptop is on the books and not the other way around. I put the lid facing towards my back and not my books when I carry it around.

Hope this helps :)

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

6. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

7. krazykleo macrumors regular

Personally I'll be using my DaKine backpack that I bought 4 years ago!!! It's still amazingly in near new condition even after being involved in a motorcycle accident!!

So, I'm gonna use the laptop compartment to store it while moving around the compass :)....I am pretty confident that it'll keep my lappy safe and sound!!!

I will report back if necessary :)

8. MaulRx Suspended

The MBA only looks fragile, it's a tough little computer. I put my 2012 model through a lot of tough circumstances including a quick trip off the top of my car. Not saying it wasn't marked up but it's still pulling duty as my wife's machine. Point being, use whatever protection suits your needs, no need to baby the thing.

9. g35 macrumors 6502a

I carry my computer in my backpack's main pocket (along with a textbook and lunch) every day. Just be careful when setting it down. Since there's no hard drive to damage that's not a concern just don't let the backpack hit the ground hard. And when closing the backpack, always hold the bag material with one hand and close with the other - I once made the mistake of holding both zippers, one of the zippers broke, and I got a dent in my computer. Other than that padding doesn't really made a difference.

10. Mrbobb macrumors 601