Is this bad iPhone 5 battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chavcentral, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Chavcentral macrumors newbie

Picture does most of the talking. But the only thing I did with it was browse social networks in the morning (about 10 o'clock) and then listen to music while on the tube. Other than that, not much else. Certainly no GPS or downloading on 3G etc. mail push is off also.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

How old is the phone?
    How long we're you browsing for?
    What have you got disabled/enabled?
    Sorry for questions but might help you out diagnosing it :)

3. mattward macrumors newbie

i find that my iphone 5 battery life is mostly determined by my signal strength. You say you were mainly using social media, were you in a place with shady signal while browsing? just a suggestion...

4. applejuice99 macrumors member

My iPhone lasts between 24 and 48 hours with moderate usage. Like someone else has said signal can affect the battery life considerably. It could be the battery which is a bit faulty or worn out, but I wouldn't think that is worn out seeing as it is likely to be a newish battery.

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

Try going into Privacy and turning most of the System Services to off. Hopefully that will help.

6. Chavcentral thread starter macrumors newbie

The phone is pretty new. My first one had a dodgy sleep button.

I was browsing on wifi at home in the morning for maximum half an hour. Occasional browsing thereafter on full 3G in the middle of London. But not much.

GPS is enabled on a bus routing app that I opened in the morning before leaving the house. I then quit the app.

As I'm in London, I don't think signal can be the issue. I never have below 3 bars really.

Spotify was being used on the underground.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Try this one on for size--I charged my jailbroken 5 overnight, as usual, and when I woke up it was at 100%, as usual. Browsed FB for about 35 mins on wifi, then went for a bike ride using Cyclemeter, which obviously uses GPS. I also had the iPod app running, but that was it, and the display was off the entire time. The ride lasted an hour and 20 minutes. Got home and had 20% showing, which almost immediately shot down to 12%. I rebooted and it went back up to 27% (which would still suck). Installed BatteryDoctorPro and connected it via USB to charge and it flew up to 50%. I've tried fully discharging and recharging and it's still wonky (which is a gross understatement for this behavior). I'm neither a n00b to iPhones nor jailbreaking (been doing it since my 1st iPhone, which was the 3GS), and have never seen anything this weird.

8. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I had this on my 1st iPhone 5. I cycled the battery a couple of more times and it settled down then.
    The one I have now isn't suffering from it.

9. nilzi macrumors regular

My battery oftenly lasts a day, unless I make heavy use of it, My Battery life become Better as I turned Off ICloud. The phone battery life depends on how much you communicate with your friend.:p