Is this battery life average?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IpadSC400, Apr 3, 2014.

1. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

I know I know, "there are zillions of these threads!" But My iPhone 5s battery life isn't the best, or am i just spoiled with the iPod battery life? See attached image. Is this the average so-so battery life at 2%?

I am very prudent in force-closing all applications that run in the backround, and only have brightness up if I need it. Dont know if this matters, but I also keep the 5S caged in a lifeproof case.

TIA

Attached Files:

2. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Seems like pretty good battery life to me, especially if you're not always on wifi.

I get about 5 1/2 or 6 hours usage time as well.

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

So then why start another thread asking the same thing that could be found in countless others?

Your iPod isn't constantly connected and searching for a cell signal.

Otherwise, the usage screen is (relatively) meaningless. One could put their phone in airplane mode, loop silent audio, turn off the screen and get it to read a week of usage or they could be in an area of spotty service playing an intensive game with maps giving them directions in the background and barely last 15 minutes... it all simply shows up as 'usage.'

If your phone lasts a full day under your usual usage and you can charge it overnight, why worry?

5. IpadSC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Just for you.

;) I dont play games at all really and airplane mode is never on. Just the usual gmail, every once in awhile an app like paypal, or Find My iPhone.

Not heavy use.

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I don't think your usage is very good ....
    I can reach 7-8 hrs with that kind of usage.
    But what I'm seeing is you have a not so strong cellular signal strength , and keep in mind that this is the primary reason for a faster battery draining.

When I use my iPhone in a spotty signal area, I can barely reach 5 hrs of usage, like you did.

7. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

Seems about right to me, I get around the same time between 5-5 1/2 hours on screen

Here's hoping for iphone 6 with 8-12 hours on screen :D

8. IpadSC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

T-Mobile is great but very very spotty where I live...(way out) I usually have 1-2 bar...explains it all Thanks.

9. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Yep ... iOS 7 seems to be much sensitive to signal strength variations ....

10. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket