Is this battery life normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenfrey, Jan 5, 2015.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Been using my iPhone 6 plus now for almost a week and I am just concerned that the battery life isn't as good as it should be.

I have been using my phone all day today, surfing the web and chatting and it's almost dead after 9 hours.

I hear people getting a day or even two days out of it, I can only manage a day on heavy usage (not even that, my day doesn't end till midnight ^^)

Appreciate any feedback [​IMG]

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Looks pretty normal considering the "Low signal" on some of your apps. Additionally FaceBook is a battery hog, and it appears that something is using your location service which will also affect your battery life.

3. SwingOnThis macrumors regular

Stop trolling for women on Tinder and you'll have more battery life! ;)

4. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

lmfao....I supposed he asked for that one

5. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

So I have deleted the app that demanded location to be on 'always', I won't be deleting Tinder just yet as I am still talking to people :p

Still, even with the low signals, 8 hour battery life seems poor especially for the 6+ surely?

6. rcckks96 macrumors member

That's about twice what I'm getting with my 6.

7. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

You are right, 8 hr battery life is poor for the 6+. The reason for your poor battery life is that you had low signals.

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

If you have all location settings on and are using a lot of social media apps then that's pretty good battery life. People who report two days's usage use their phones a lot less heavily than that. I get anything between 9hrs 40 and 11hrs 40 on my 6+, depending on usage. I don't use social media much at all, let alone Tinder which is a GPS hog.

9. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I'm confused on how some people's apps say "Audio" and "Low Signal". Whenever I look in my usage it never says any of that... And I know for a fact I have low signal sometimes.

10. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Decided to delete tinder. My battery life is more important then chatting up girls right now xD I just hope I see a big improvement, I didn't know low signals could drain battery so hard.

11. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Absolutely not. Low signal strength could literally eat your battery life, even in less than eight hours.

----------

May I ask you a question? What is the reason to buy a smartphone if you basically deleted all the apps that were useful to you and your needs?

I'd strongly suggest you to keep tinder, Facebook and whatever app makes you happy, and just enjoy your phone. When it's low on charge, just plug in (or buy an external battery pack to keep in your car/backpack of you're on the go).

12. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Is this battery life normal?

Because if my needs massacre my battery life then what's the point? I bought this phone because of the claims to the battery life but if its lasting me no longer then any other phone I don't see the point, the only solution I see is to change my needs.

The suggestions you made are good and i appreciate them but it's not that simple, often I am not in the right spot to charge my phone, or I just don't have the opportunity. I will look into the external battery pack idea though :)

13. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Change your needs because of the phone ? I'm a very strong Apple's fan, but that's just wrong. You buy a product to fulfill your needs, not the contrary. Btw, you are free to act like you want.....

14. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Low signal is likely to controlling factor on the OP's battery life.

15. Damolee macrumors 6502

The people that get 2 days, don't often have 9 hours usage so I would say you have done really well.

Most people with 6+ get 10-11.

This is good as it gets.

16. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This. A weak signal will wreck havoc on battery life.

17. SwingOnThis macrumors regular

Damn, if only my kids listened to me like this! :eek:

18. JuliusCaesar macrumors regular

Yep, it's probably a mix of low signal and social networks apps which are kind of tough on the battery.

19. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc