Is this battery life normal?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The Game 161, Oct 2, 2015.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

[​IMG]

Or do I need to unpair it and pair again by resetting it?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Are you asking if you are getting too much battery life or too little since you are showing it going for 17.5 hours which is almost exactly what Apple rates it at?

http://www.apple.com/watch/battery.html

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Well it drained pretty much in under 12 hours at work..which shouldn't drain that quickly

4. Neo1975 macrumors regular

What was your batter life when you took the screen shot ?

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Your screen shot says 17 hours, 27 minutes.

6. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

It does but the watch was on the side for a good 4-5 hours before I started to use it with my phone

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If you mean it was off the charger stand for 4-5 hours before wearing it then you need to leave it on the charger until you are ready to put it on. You are getting 17½ between charges then that is well within spec. If you use the Workout app any then your are getting fantastic life.

8. gsxr1000, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

gsxr1000 macrumors member

gsxr1000

My personal experience I take my watch off charger at 7:30am and it goes back on at around 10pm. I run an auto tint, audio, and detail shop so I don't sit at all throughout the day im on the move all day making sure everything is running smooth so my watch is constantly turning on. So at the end of the day when it goes back on charger its still around 60%. Running ios2 and ios 9.0.2

9. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

We have seen this before. Many people talk about usage of 2-3 hours and a battery around 60% so I think that much usage would be great for one battery cycle.

Yet, I believe you will say that you haven't come close to that much usage. We have seen bad third party apps causing the high usage. We have seen an unpair and re-pair solving this issue. We have seen a simple cold boot fixing it after a full charge

Cold boot and charge to 100% as the first choice. Check some third party apps and uninstall the last few loaded. Unpair and re-pair is a 20-30 minute fix that seems to almost always resolve.